January 02, 2020
|Cabbage||1 cup (roughly chopped)|
|Capsicum||½ cup (roughly chopped)|
|Carrot||¼ cup (roughly chopped)|
|Tomato||2 nos. (roughly chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||One handful|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
1) Roughly chop cabbage, carrot, capsicum and tomatoes.
2) To a pressure cooker, add a dollop of butter / oil and toss in the tomatoes.
3) Add all the other vegetables to the pressure cooker or a pressure pot.
4) Add two cups of water to the vegetables and pressure cook for 4 whistles on a high flame or for 15 minutes in a pressure pot.
5) Once the pressure is released, cool the mixture, add the coriander and blend in a mixer jar. This can also be done using a hand blender. Heat the mixture again and add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Take this decadent soup to the next level by adding a bit of lemon juice and grating a cube of cheese just before serving.