January 27, 2020
TanGoose Chutney (Tangy Gooseberry)
|Nigella seeds (Kalonji)
|Fennel seeds (Saunf)
||As per required
|Roasted cumin powder
|Black salt (kala namak)
|Red chilli powder
1) Add the washed amla in the hot water pan and allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
2) Switch off the flame once the amla turn soft mashy texture and allow it to cool down completely.
3) Mash all the amla by separating their seeds.
4) To a pan add ghee, asafoetida, nigerella, fennel seeds & allow them to crackle.
5) Add turmeric powder and mashed amla to the pan.
6) Add Jaggery, black salt, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala to the amla and cook for 10minutes on a medium flame.
7) Once it is cooked add Red Chilli Powder and heat the mixture again for 5 minutes on low-medium flame.
8) Allow it to cool on room temperature and store it in airtight glass container till 6 months in refrigerator.
9) Enjoy this tangy Gooseberry chutney with parathas and dal-chawal.