February 28, 2020
|Fennel seeds/ Saunf
|Melon seeds/ Magaz||2tbsp|
|Poppy seeds/ Khuskus||1tbsp|
|Rose petals/Rose Essence||Few petals/1tsp|
|Dalchini stick||1 No|
|Cardamom seeds||2-3 Nos|
|Whole black pepper||10-12 Nos|
|Kesar strands||10-15 Nos|
|Yellow food color||A pinch|
For Sugar Syrup:
1) To a large bowl add Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios, Fennel Seeds /Saunf, Melon Seeds, Poppy Seeds and add some fresh Indian Rose petals or Rose Essence.
2) Add dalchini /Cinnamon Stick, Cardamom Seeds and Whole Black Pepper, Kesar Strands and add Yellow food color(optional).
3) Add a glass of normal water and mix all the ingredients very well. Cover it with a plate and soak them for 5 hours.
4) After 5 hours, All the dry fruits are ready and become soft. Transfer all the ingredients along with water into a blender and make a smooth paste of it.
5) To a pan, add a glass of water, sugar and cook till sugar dissolves completely.
6) Add dry fruits paste and stir it continuously on medium flame till it turns thick in consistency and allow it to cool completely on room temperature.
7) Transfer it into a glass jug or glass bottle. You can store this concentrate in a clean glass jar for 2 months in the refrigerator . If you want to store it for a longer time you can add a bit of citric acid at the time of cooking sugar syrup.
8) To prepare this Delicious Thandai, take 2 glasses of chilled milk in a blender and add 2 tbsp Thandai Concentrate.Blend it for a minute.
9) Chill degree Thandai is topped with crushed pistachios and rose petals to make it more attractive, have a Chill sip on summer to cool and enjoy the climate!